From:
Betty Milner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:14:49 -0700
My mama is a breast cancer survivor--11.5 years. She knew she had a
problem and delayed going to the doctor. She was lucky! She has always
been petite...4' 11.5". She weighs more now (around 130#) than she ever
has in her life. She opted for reconstructive surgery at the time due to
vanity...this same vanity helped her decide to not have chemo or
radiation. She did take tamoxifen for a few years until she couldn't
afford it anymore. After a couple of years of health problems caused (in
her opinion--I concurred) by the implant, she had it removed and has
felt great. She won't touch soy...is into high carb, low fat. With
asthma and chronic bronchitis for years, she has been diagnosed with
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). To get her to even try
paleo is a lost cause. I know it would do her good, but at 72, she's set
in her ways. She had an aunt who died at a young age from breast cancer.
This puts me at a higher risk. I have thought about having the test to
see if I have the genetic marker that would make me prone to breast
cancer. Has anyone had this test or considered it? Pros? Cons?

Betty Ann