Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 18:47:43 -0800
I talked to Mr Ryan and got pretty excited telling him how Larry has
improved, then later  one of my friends said, be careful, you don't want
this on TV, people will report you to CPS for NOT feeding him junk food and
for feeding him "weird" things like buffalo, venison,  elk, quail eggs,
etc...so I got kind of worried, you know how the media can twist anything??
I started to melt down my Lasater suet and noticed it is very yellow. IF
this is pasture fed, which Lasater is supposed to be, wouldn't it be whiter?
I notice that the grain fed suet is very white......I'm wondering if maybe
these pasture fed cows may have been eating yellow flowers out in the
pasture? I'm kind of worried as the chickens at  Whole Foods which are fed a
completely "vegetarian" (un-natural) diet have this yellowy fat? Does anyone
know why??? a pasture fed cow would have such yellow fat?

I have seen game fat that is very white and almost thin/runny in texture,
not thick and chalky and yellow like this, but then again, I have never seen
kidney suet from game.....so maybe it is denser. Has anyone seen game and/or
pasture fed beef kidney suet???