From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:21:52 -0500
Here is my latest lipid profile, along with results from previous years for
comparison:

Oct. 2003; Paleo, almost 1.5 yrs:
TC 183
HDL 47
LDL 124
VLDL 11.6
TRIG 58
TC/HDL 3.85
LDL/HDL 2.638
TRIG/HDL 1.234
GLUCOSE 88
hsCRP 0.65 mg/l
HOMOCYSTEINE--dr. didn't order because he says "nothing can be done about
it."  Yeah, right.

Nov 2002; Paleo, 6 mos:
TC 171
HDL 40
LDL 121
VLDL 9.8
TRIG 49
TC/HDL 4.275
LDL/HDL 3.025
TRIG/HDL 1.225
GLUCOSE 90
(not-hs)CRP <0.1 mg/dl (verified by repeat analysis)
HOMOCYSTEINE 7.2

Apr 2001; Low-carb 1 yr:
TC 233
HDL 45
LDL 173
VLDL 15.4
TRIG 77
TC/HDL 5.18
LDL/HDL 3.84
TRIG/HDL 1.71
(not hs)CRP <0.35 mg/dl
HOMOCYSTEINE 8.2

Feb 2000; SAD
TC 273
HDL 37
LDL 179
VLDL 57.2
TRIG 286
TC/HDL 7.38
LDL/HDL 4.83
TRIG/HDL 7.729
GLUCOSE 99

Have to admit I was really kind of sweating/fretting over having my lab work
done this year because I've cheated off-diet several times (mostly social
occasions) this summer, including right up to two nights before I had the
labs done (caved in to homemade ice cream and a small serving of blueberry
crisp, both of which I myself made for an out-of-state guest).  I know there
some on this list who don't agree with the cholesterol hypothesis, but Paleo
is the only diet that has ever put my numbers into the "normal" ranges that
conventional medicine says are  good.

Theola