From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:27:03 -0800
Sometimes I like to make (as a paleo semi-cheat) chicken marsala, with marsala
wine, lemon, capers, and olive oil.  To thicken the sauce, most recipes call for
corn starch or flour.  It doesn't take much corn starch to do the thickening
(only about a tablespoon full), but it would nice to use a truly paleo
substitute.  Anyone know of one?

Also, I like to make tuna or chicken salad sometimes.  One good mayo substitute
I've found is soft, ripe avacodo (about 1/2 avocado per can of tuna).  I was
hoping to find some others as well though.  Ideas?

Thanks,