From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:25:29 -0500
"Your emails seem to evidence incomplete communication between you and your
doc."

There's certainly something to that.  There's also something to the
multiple comments that these guys play a CYA game and have the unfortunate
tendency to throw drugs at the problem and see what happens.

1) In this process, we discovered that I've had the irregular heartbeat
for years.  When I was a runner, I used to sometimes have difficulty
getting my pulse right and often had to start over.  I thought nothing of
it at the time, but in retrospect I can see that the heart was irregular
even back then.  As my primary care physician told me, I've probably had
it for years and, usually, one never discovers the cause of the condition
and it causes no problems.

2) The slightly enlarged heart can be explained by either a)my previous
running; or b) my current high-intensity workout regime.  The second
explanation makes a lot more sense to me.  Again, the cardiologist was
somewhat astounded by my aerobic ability since I'm *only* lifting weights
(and *only* twice a week at that!)  I can understand his concern and
desire to see if he could get the thing down in size with the drugs.  I'll
just take my chances there.  I'm not taking them.

Can't decide on the second opinion thing.  I might wait a few years until
my next physical.