From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:30:42 -0700
Hi Paleopundits,
I have never had so many 'gluten reactions' as I have had since I went
paleo. I have ordered 'grassfed' meats and even 'muskox' and 'caribou' that
have given me itchiness, finger fungus, arthritis in my knee and Restless
Leg Syndrome.
Recently I ordered muskox and caribou from a place and what arrived did not
resemble either. After talking to one of the owners, he reluctantly agreed
to send me a replacement order of the same. What came also gave me a gluten
reaction. Generally his meat has been consistently good. Since he is the
'only game in town', I don't want to keep complaining since he most likely
will get some real muskox and caribou in sometime. However, I do have  a
lot of meat in the freezer that I am not able to eat. What to do? I did
send him an email saying thanks and I didn't get an adverse reaction. That
was before I began itching....
Another question. As a celiac, how much damage is being done here? I have
been eating a lot of meat lately that has not been nice to me.
As a vegetarian celiac I don't think I ever had a 'gluten accident'. Lately
I have been having them all the time.
Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Paleobest,
Susan