From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 10:39:02 -0600
> This is what I have read also.  but......  Does the excess of one, cause
> blocking of the others or specific others, causing a B vitamin
> deficiency????  OR will the body "throw out" the excess and use what
> "it" requires at the time.  Seems to me I would have caused a vitamin
> deficiency in myself by now had I thrown myself out of whack.  Is not
> any water soluble nutrient in excess if it is not needed.......   I need
> to check this out.  It's been a while........

>  Oliva  (back to lurk)

Every individual is different. During my research (admittedly limited) into
vitamins and minerals, I ran across several sources that indicated that
excess or deficiency of one or more B vitamins can cause absorption problems
in the assimilation and metabolism of members of the B vitamin complex. I
suspect that the excess or deficiency would have to be moderate to severe
for more than a very brief period. But again, every person is different.
That's why I wanted to stress the importance of eating a varied diet--to
ensure the widest possible exposure to vital nutrients.

Troy G.