From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:34:00 -0500
On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 18:39:39 -0500, Norm Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I have no qualms with the findings. It's the interpretation
>and the application that disturb me.  It's not with the
>premise, but with the conclusion that I take issue.

I happen to see the same qualms.

"Naked with a stick" is a great description.
The interpretation what fits into this category should not be too far
fetched, just to match supermarket availability.

Naked with a stick (not arrow) people wouldn't breed a mighty wild game to a
lame cow, kill and skin it, and not much roast and cook it.

>Typically, farmed meat contains 2 to 5 times the amount fat
>found in wild game, and a disproportionately large amount of
>SFA.

And particularly the amount of essential fatty acids shrinks from 30-40% to
functionally zero.

>A daily diet that includes 1/2 pound of game meat, 1/2
>pound of fish, 2 ounces of nuts, one pound of fruit and 5
>pounds of vegetables, contains 176 grams of protein (34% of
>calories) and 44 grams of fat (19% of calories). See chart 4
>below.

Possible, if you approach the physiological limit of 35% calories from
protein. And explain how to catch the amounts of fish in the savannah.

Amadeus