From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:29:45 -0800
> Fruits wouldn't be the best, because fruit sugar is
> about half
> fructose.  Those fast-twitch fibers need *glucose*
> not fructose.  That's
> why the brown rice worked so well, because the
> starch breaks down almost
> entirely to glucose.  Even sucrose is about half
> fructose.  So what you
> want is probably a paleo starch.  Maybe sweet
> potatoes would do the trick.

Todd,

Thanks.  Good to know.  About sweet pototoes though:
my understanding was that they weren't really paleo,
since they need to be cooked to be eaten.  Won't all
the reasons grains are bad also apply to them?  I know
Cordain says they should be restricted on the Paleo
diet.  Of course, having them 4 or 5 times a week
(pre-workout) probably wouldn't hurt, but I was hoping
for a purely paleo solution. Maybe there isn't one?

Let me know what you think.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html