From:
thetasig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:56:00 -0800
krosenth wrote:

> [...]
I agree with the writer who said to bypass your water softener and to
not use distilled water with regards to drinking water.  I regard such
alterations of drinking water as dangerous to the balance of good
health.  Soft water may be okay in the bath or shower (though I wouldn't
use it for that either) but drinking water needs to be similar to that
found in nature, e.g., mineral springs (not rain water). I have gone
with bottled mineral water from sources I consider reliable.  One of my
favorites is Gerolsteiner.

I added a whole-house water filter several years ago.  This is a large
carbon filter (5 feet tall) system and it removes chlorine and many
other toxins from the incoming water utility.  I water my organic garden
with it, bathe with and drink it (thought the drinking water goes
through still another smaller under-the-sink carbon block type filter).

While salt (table-style) should be reduced, elemental Sodium is
important as are other minerals such as calcium and potassium,
magnesium, etc.  To make sure I get enough I juice vegetables high in
those minerals and drink goodly portions each day - celery, zuchinni,
parsley, cucumber, spinach, etc.  And foods can be chosen that improve
that mix (potassium in a banana, e.g.)  Add to that the mineral water
and I've got some good intake of minerals.

Regards,

-=mark=-