From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 07:56:00 CDT
Siobhan wrote:
"More importantly, note the numerous citations of articles on genetically
re-engineered foods.  This concern seems to be about what happens to
phytoestrogens when genetically reengineered.  I don't think soy should get
the bad reputation that genetic reengineering deserves.  Does anyone here
eat broccoli?  Tomatoes?  Corn?  These are all mostly genetically
reengineered now.  The list is massive.  And the consequences are only
beginning to surface."

What does genetically reengineered mean?  How are broccoli and tomatoes
reengineered?  Are you just talking about vegies at the grocery store or
organic ones too?

Corn and potatoes, as I recall, are considered to be grains and not vegies.
Most don't consider them paleo.  And according to Dr. Mercola, below ground
vegies shouldn't be eaten either, so I guess that makes carrots a no-no.

Justin Hasselman