From:
Kimberly Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:52:08 -0700
Hi, Richard.  That's exactly how I started!  Naked with a sharp stick!
Then, I started reading about food and chemical compounds so long they
needed an acronym to be pronounceable.  (Not that I wasn't familiar with
these terms; just that I have shied away from them for philsophical
reasons.) The simple thing was the thing I could stick with the longest,
when I wasn't worried about getting more fat than protein, or if what I ate
had enough of the right kinds of properties for my body, and if it was on
the "official paleo list".  You see, this list is both helpful and not so
helpful.  I'm glad to get some of the information presented, but sometimes,
I get sidetracked thinking I might be doing something wrong because of
something I read.  This is no one else's problem but mine.  I have to learn
to discriminate in these matters and not let it become worrisome.  I also
have to learn to take my lunch to work!  It's the eating out, more than
anything, that takes me off the diet. I have absolutely NO willpower in a
restaurant! Thanks for hanging in there with me and reminding me just how
simple this is!

"We have our arts; the ancestors had theirs...We cannot raise obelisks a
hundred feet high in a single piece, but our meridians are more exact."
Voltaire

<It>turned
> out not to be so simple...

it is simple. Eat no grains, no beans, no refined sugar, no dairy, no
regular potatoes. Monitor your body's sensitivity to nightshades and "new
world" foods (tomatoes, peppers, chocolate, collards).

Eat meat, veggies, fish, poultry, and veggies "you could eat naked with
nothing but a sharp stick".  You'll do fine. Don't worry, after a while
you'll be able to refine things to your individual chemistry, you'll know
what to do.

--Richard