From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:26:37 MDT
Amadeus writes...

>I did never claim that beeing vegetarian was "the" paleolithical >times
>diet.

>However i do claim, that my diet is in many aspects much closer to
>"paleolithic" diet as *yours*, as far as i can tell from your >statements.

First, the post to which you respond now was my response to a Hans post.  I
have nothing against either of you, just wanted to make that clear.

Having done so, I fully accept that you use numerous paleolithic principles.
  I still, however, stand by my statement that by definition the paleodiet
contains meat and the vegetarian diet does not.  It seems we may agree on
that.  And I don't even mind agreeing to disagree, unlike some people I know
who can only hold conversations with clones.  But that's another issue.

>You say that you eat 90% meat.

When did I ever say that?  I don't.  In fact, I'll begin eating a lower
percentage of meat, starting today (another post on that later), but I've
never eaten 90% meat.

As for Marylee's curiosity on whether someone had advocated Pizza Hut, no
one has.  I was illustrating my "life has shades of gray" statement.  The
question was, if the true paleodiet is unavailable, should I just give up
and go to, say, Pizza Hut?  To which I say, of course not.

You wished me health.  Remember, this is not a fight.  But the fact is that
my health is at its best when I eat the modern adaptation of the paleodiet,
including good ol' London broil from King Soopers.  I don't have an
immediate adverse reaction to grain-fed beef.  I don't appear to have ANY
significant negative reactions to grain-fed beef, frankly.  Is it my first
choice?  No.  But can I afford pasture-fed beef at the moment?  No.

Amadeus, if I ate what you eat, I would not obtain optimal health.  So I eat
what's best for me.  And you eat what's best for you, and Mary gives her son
what's best for him, and Ray hunts small animals with a hawk and so forth
and so on.  I have NEVER said you can't eat what you want and I never will.
I WILL say, however, that the early human diet included meat and that meat
is good for human beings.  Some meats are better than others, granted, but
meat is good.  I think I'm correct in saying the vast majority of the fine
folks on this list agree with me on that.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO