From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:59:11 +0200
>   Die at 22 like they all did.
>
> Mike

That was the average life time for Romans too. They grew a lot of grains in
different parts of the empire and ate it. They were all the time at war
which of course isn't so good for life longevity. Could we say that grains,
war, aggression and very short life expectansy go hand in hand? Or? Should
we read statistics in a different way?
At least we can blame extended wars with full time soldiers on grain
growing!

Some scientists say that if tribal people manage to reach adolescence they
also have a good chanse of being older than what we today call middle age
and then they did not die from those diseases that we try to avoid nowadays.
At least no signs of that have been found.

The only person (that I know of) from hunter/fisher/gatherers that
archaeologist have found in Sweden lived to be 60 -70 years old - first they
said it was a man because there was hunting gears in the grave but it turned
out it was a woman.
Eva