From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 23:44:09 -0500
The bottle I have is from an ethnic grocery in Brooklyn, and it was made
in West Africa (Ivory Coast, I think). Strong flavor, but I like it. My
understanding is that what is really special about it is its high
content of tocotrienols. The problem I have when frying with it is that
it seems to smoke pretty easily. I doubt this is the fats since they are
saturated, so it is probably the non-triglyceride components. I have
read that these become carcinogenic when they smoke.