From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:27:38 -0400
Karen Robinson wrote:
> I'm not sure if the sardines contain added salt, but the animal foods seem
to contain higher amounts
> of sodium even when unsalted, than many of the vegetarian foods she used
to eat. I want to keep
> encouraging her that this way of eating really is best in the long run,
and the more information she
> hears in favor if it, the more motivated she will be.

I don't see how a small amount of sodium is going to cause elevated blood
pressure absent other pathologies such as kidney problems, effects of
medications, etc.

For normal people, the link between BP and sodium is very tenuous. Getting
enough potassium is very important and if you eat paleo you are going to get
much more potassium than you otherwise would on SAD.

--Richard