From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:54:05 -0700
From: "Neil Abrahams" <[log in to unmask]>

> Cordain has several reasons why salt should be reduced or avoided. The
> one dealing with net acid load to the kidneys is that the acidic
> chloride in salt has to be buffered in the kidney by alkaline base, and
> that it uses calcium stared in bones as the buffer. That loss
> contributes to osteoporosis and bone loss.

Hmmmm.   I have a water softener that used potassium chloride rather than
sodium chloride.  I am currently trying to get a distilled water system to
help me avoid the potassium chloride in my drinking water.

Do you think that the chloride that is presently in my drinking water has an
effect that is similar to the effect you state sodium chloride has on the
kidneys?  Or, is it the salt alone that is the problem?

Thanks,
Kath