From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:46:40 +0100
Rachel Matesz <matesz–EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

>>I don't think that the correlation of diet to feelings and sexuality
is
>>*that* easy (meat= sexy??).

>It can be "that simple" for many people.  Sex hormones are made
>from things
>you cannot get from vegetables.

I definitely question that! State, what's missing in vegetabeles, which
would be necessary for (certain desired) sex-hormones.
Certainly there are necessary essentials, but these are called
(by definition) vitamins. We are yet to look for a meat dependant one.
There are however many foods which can influence hormones.
Sadly there are *added* hormones  the food (in US beef).
Don Wiss and others pointed to phytoestrogens in soy.
Other phytoestrogens are in ordinary onions.
The URL i included i my last post states, that animal fats
(dairy and others) increasing female hormones by gut bacteria.

>.. (when I did not have a low body fat and was at times over-fat!), low
>estrogen levels, low body temperature, very little or no sex drive,
>anemia, ..
However, I do think that a healthy paleo-oriented diet *is* very
helpful for a healthy hormone balance.
Any food allergies overcome by it (10% or 15 % will have gluten
or cow-milk allergy) will overcome the gread tiredness from allergies.

The w-3 fat shortages in common diets, and the imbalances in
hormone levels which probably arises from it,may play an important role.
This is my impression, for many problems including MS and nerves
skin problems, arteries (as in omega-plan described).

But the cause is not meat. It's from the more natural food composition.
Insufficient w-3 fats *won't* be cured by increasing meat.
Increasing w-3 will be necessary.

I wrote:
>>I hope you had the desired success after switching from vegetaranism
>>to a heavy meat diet(?). ;-)

matesz:
>Yes!  Great success!  Boy, was I missing out! I am :-))) to say that on a
>meat and vegetable-rich diet I have much more sex drive.  Steak tartare,
>ceviche and similar dishes seemed to be particularly good for that!!
Fine , that you managed to feel better.
So, obviously your previous diet missed something.
I often experience, that vegetarians think to live on an optimal diet
just because of leaving out the meat (probably you did so too).
But that's not enough, as i know *now*. Some advantages do come from
the lessened poison load from the comercially availabel meat.
But *not* to eat something isn't a way, it leaves open *what* to.
The usual veg* answer (weeell veeery much of wheat and all mixed grains)
doesn't take in account some shortcomeings, and toxin/allergic
problems.

You experience that tartare enhances that "particular"?
or were it the veggies?
I'd recommend green tea. *g*

>It was when I ate a vegan diet that I often felt sleepy after meals.
I think this looks like a allergic composition.
Defense work of the body makes sleepy...

>My guess is
>the Bavarians ate meals rich in meat, fat, and starch
>--a particularly sleep
Bavarian *ate* like all european people grain based. Since
Megalithic and Celtic ages. (Actual Obelix had 6% meat, Jean-Claude)
Only in the last 100 or 50 years it changed.

>One more thing I'd add to my post (responding to Amadeus) about sex drive
>and food is this:  one might have a lot of endurance on a vegetarian
diet,
>but that is not the same as having a *strong sex drive* or even *strong
>sexual sensitivity.

I seldom heard a woman complaining about too little sex drive of men,
did you?
Sensitivity is interesting.
After introducing raw food (veggie) phases, I experienced a real much
better sensitivity - on *all* senses.
It may be of leaving out the more heavy
animal protein (I guess you doubt that one...)
or by leaving out all milk products. Milk, I heard the saying
is laying onto the nose (smelling organ).
This may be due to allergic (defense) problems from it.

>Tying this to sex:  A woman might be able to go on forever and
>a day....but
>never reach or experience strong orgasms.  Endurance isn't the only thing
>that matters nor the only driving force.
>There is also the issue of desire,
>appetite, interest, responsiveness, etc.  Diet can greatly affect all of
>these things, IMHE.

What about "going on forever and a day" *with*
"appetite, interest, responsiveness, etc. "?                            f
I regard it more important than the climax, which will bring an end. :-(f

Michael Audette wrote:
>  What do you consider to be good endurance? I'm not trying to brag, but
>I'm
>45 now and like it 3 times a day, 7 days a week. Perhaps that's why women
>don't stick around very long. Here in Austin, we have alot of
vegetarians.

Good endurance... is for me...  several hours of fun (2 or 3 or more).
No break or aid necessary.
Can't be repeated too often per day.. because it has only 24 hours.
I've heared that the *average* western (i think US) intercourse
length is 6 minutes?? Unbeleavable.(?)

What you tell, sounds pretty frequent, Michael.
If you found a matching partner - fine.
In my meat eating time - my wife  wouldn't have tolerated this.
That was "standard" diet though. Improvement seems possible.

Trish Tipton wrote:

>Perhaps you need a woman who is in her prime  hehehe  I just turned 39
>and my hubby is reaping the benefits!! ...

Seems to be a good age, Trish. :-)

regards
and a good time to all
Amadeus