From:
Marsha in Texas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:28:23 -0600
Date:    Thu, 23 Dec 1999 05:08:45 -0800
From:    Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Longevity and Paleo
<snip>
>Interesting idea.  Maybe the glucose IV's has
>something to do with causing a greater risk for
>infection following surgery.

In 1971 when our first son was born we wanted it to be a home birth.
Complications changed that. I was in the hospital for less than 24
hours and had a drug-free birth. We insisted the baby not be given
sugar-water as his first meal outside the womb! The pediatrician on
duty [the one we'd spoken w/and who'd agreed to do as we wished
was out of town the day Jake was born] went ballistic. He stormed
into the recovery room, pointing his finger in my face, YELLing at me
that I may have read a book about birthing babies but he was a
trained professional and just who did I think I was talking to telling
HIM he could not give my son sugar-water!! Whew!

BTW, Judith <[log in to unmask]> on this list is in Japan. some
where around 10AM my time it'll turn midnight where she is. Judith,
if we don't hear from you at that time, should we assume Japan has
succumbed to the Y2KingKong?!

I remain, ]v[arsha in Texas, Y2K complacent