From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 19:53:01 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/99 11:38:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  >He's just a very
>  >intelligent man that sees the overwhelming evidence in favor of evolution,
>  >but maintains his belief in god, even without overwhelming evidence.
>
>  How can you possibly know what evidence someone else has?

In general I can't.  But I think it's pretty obvious. (were talking about the
pope
here so I'm going to refer to christianity)  religion is about faith. It says
so
in the bible.  It's not about proof, and it offers none.  If there is no
proof,
IMO there is no evidence.  If there were overwhelming evidence of a diety,
the world would not be so split on its existence, and would not see it in
so many different ways.

>  >I recognize that people will have their beliefs. And the more they believe
>  >the harder it is to get them to see different. This applies no matter what
>  >side one might be on.  My question simply is this... If man is looking at
>  >an evolutionary diet to best suit his needs, why is he conferring with a
>  >neolithic god? And if you believe that the word of god is *IT* for all
>  >eternity
>  >,,then why go to a paleo diet at all? Hasn't it been replaced by the most
>  >recent perfect entity?
>  >
>  > Surely the *latest*  thing god said must be the *most* perfect for us....
>  >
>  >No?
>  >
>  >(Keeping in mind that god's word changes every few thousand years, at
>  >least in scrupture. In reality it changes with the whim of the society or
>  >leader of the time.  Nowadays it can change daily.)
>
>  I don't have the several hours to refute this in detail, other than to say
> that
>  it is one of the most ignorant series of statements I've read in a long
time.

It doesn't take hours to answer something so simple, if you can at all.

There's nothing to refute.  Bottom line in convestions about religion is that
it
all comes down to individual faith. I didn't want to get into a conversation
about religion, I was just looking to connect the 2 subjects.  I still don't
see the connection.  But I'm sure you see it otherwise, and that's your right
of opinion.  Opinions are like assholes....everyone's got one....in this case
you have more than one.

Anna