From:
Greg Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:54:03 -0500
I haven't been paying attention to this thread but this last post caught
my attention.

As far as crowded crooked teeth I would think that it is more genetic:
Might want to check out this Quirks and Quarks science segment that
discusses research being done on the effect of a change in diet on teeth
structure.  The professor being interviewed suggests that the onset of
cooking actually messed with our genetics
http://www.cbc.ca/quirks/archives/04-05/feb26.html
I think this show may have been pointed out on this list previously.

Stature seems to me to be obviously a mix of diet and genetics.

The case for diet related vision effects is more concrete.

I would recommend looking at identical twin studies which can provide
insights into relative signifcance of genetics vs. diet if you want to
get a better idea rather than just postulating back and forth on the
significance of one vs. the other.  Although I have none to point you
towards.

-Greg