From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:36:40 +0200
No, I don't think you should cut down on fruit but you could eat a little
more of vegetables. Sugar comes in various shapes, that is; the molucules
are not the same. Fruit has the sort of sugar that has to go through the
liver and the liver sends out the right amount of glucose, to which the
fruit sugar has been transformed. The same is being done to vegetables. That
sort of "sugar" is safe. Evolutionary our body is able to handle fruit so
don't worry. It is food stuff that has glucose originally that is the
problem, beer for instance is  made of malt sugar which is 100% glucose.
Goes straight out into the blood stream without passing the liver. Gives
very sudden raise of blood sugar which gives very sudden raise in blood
insulin. Insulin is somethimes called "the fat hormone" and sometimes "the
growth hormone": With too much insulin in your blood the signals to the body
are !GROW! and thats what your cells do and thats why you get pimples or
acne and a variety of "growth disorders".
Chop yourself a fruit salade that does not have to have only fruit. Veggies
are al right to in a salad, and meat or fish. Remember that the fruit,
berries and veggies have not yet read the book about paleo food!

Tonight, is midsommers night, the longest day of the year and all swedes
celebrate in a very non paleo way. The sun goes down at 11 pm and raises
again at about 1am. It is fascinating - two hours of night. We are supposed
to stay up all night. I won't!
Eva