From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:43:55 -0700
>Some such as Barnes use present weight and adjust down accordingly, but
>Kwasniewski utilizes one's "ideal weight" and he gives calculations for
>determining it.  Protein is not the main energy source -- fat is.
>Therefore, one would simply eat sufficient fat to quell hunger.

Drs. Eades (Protein Power) and their former partner Ron Rosedale used/use
enough protein to support lean body mass (LBM), not body weight.  I've seen
the latter term mentioned several times of late; maybe that's what was
meant?  At any rate, using only enough protein for LBM prevents too much
protein which can impede fat loss (gluconeogenesis).  Up your activity
level?  Up protein accordingly.  Ron's protein formula considers both LBM
and activity level to calculate how much protein needed each day.  No, I
don't have it in my personal files (sorry).  Dietary fat IS the body's
preferred energy source and, unlike protein, cannot be converted to glucose.
  Protein's role is supporting and repairing muscle mass, etc., not fueling
the engine.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!