From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:08:26 -0800
On Thursday, Feb 12, 2004, at 15:07 US/Pacific, Dori Zook wrote:

> Tad is correct.  Fat and protein are the only required macronutrients.
> There are no essential micronutrients found in plant foods that cannot
> be
> found in fats, oils and animal foods.  Not GOOD micronutrients, but
> REQUIRED
> micronutrients.
>
> Chances are I'll soon be verbally pistol-whipped for posting this, but
> guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

Not here you won't. I think that our ability, and suitability, for
digesting meat carries with it the implication that we, like other
meat-eaters, can take advantage of the nutrients from vegetable matter
processed and stored in the bodies of prey animals. We may also have
developed to digest vegetables, but that doesn't make them essential,
just perhaps useful in a pinch.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!