Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:23:06 -0700
I did a couple of these over the last couple of years and posted the
results to this list.  Well, I'm doing it again.  A little history.

Before I first tried this dietary plan, which I'll outline in more
detail below, I had just finished reading Phinney's study on the
athletic effects of very low carbohydrate diets.  His conclusion was
that, as long as  you had adequate time for adaptation and sufficient
minerals, a very low carbohydrate diet has no negative impact on
athletic endurance performance.

Combine that with Rosedale's insistance that the best diet is one in
which protein intake is limited to about 100 grams a day and you have a
formula for a very interesting experiment.

I am midway through Day Three.  I have dropped about three pounds,
mostly water weight.  I run Tuesday, Thursday, Friday for 5K and my run
yesterday was strong.  I was very tired last night and slept well.

I plan to continue for four weeks.  Will try to keep you updated...

Jim Swayze
www.fireholecanyon.com