From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 09:53:49 -0800
On Jan 1, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Philip wrote:

> Warning: the Greens+ product that Sam Graci created and sells
> contains the
> following non-Paleo ingredients:
>
> Soy Lecithin
> Barley Grass Powder
> Wheat Grass Powder
> Hydroponic Soy Sprouts
> Brown Rice Bran
> Sprouted Barley Malt
> Alfalfa Grass Powder
>
> Graci promotes "green drinks," of which his is one of the top
> sellers, and
> other non-Paleo foods in The Bone-Building Solution.

As far as items being 100% Paleo, I feel that eating modern foods
already skews that principle fairly well. But, more importantly, I
know I cannot obtain plants, and in some cases, animals,  containing
the amount of nutrients I believe I need not only to stay healthy but
to make improvements in my condition. Our daily lives are full of
assaults unknown to primitive man, and we all carry inherited
disease, dysfunction, and poor structure from the mistakes and lacks
of previous generations.

Because of that, I embrace whole food supplements to more truly
approximate an abundant natural diet. I do avoid soy, and I do
agonize over the small bits of bran here and there, but grass powders
certainly are Paleo except for the concentration thereof, and I feel
they offer valuable nutrition, especially in stressful times like a
pregnancy. There are other products with better formulation than his.

I also use carefully chosen fruit and vegetable concentrates, and
fish oil, all to make up for what I cannot possibly eat as I should.
That said, I eat as much natural food as possible, of the highest
quality, always considering what each bite will do for me.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!