From:
susan holtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:48:45 -0400
HI, all.
So my doctor has recommended "starchy finger foods" as a next step up from
purees for my 7-month old. She says *only* starchy, no vegetables or fruit.
You can guess how I feel about this. I know that I am not about to give her
cheerios or those overprocessed "puffs" that they market as babies' first
chewables, but I am wondering if there is some validity to the idea that
first finger food should basically dissolve in the mouth. So is there
anything else I can give in lieu? My own "bread" products are made out of
coconut or nuts-- I am not as strict paleo as some of you, and I do make
cookies out of almond flour and honey from time to time... but... again, not
appropriate for a baby...
any ideas?
thanks!
susan