From:
Mary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 10:40:34 -0700
Hi Moira--your post about autism was interesting.  I was a special ed
aide one summer and noticed the most debilitated kids had solid carb
lunches.  It just really makes their nervous systems overload.  I know
what you mean about the school lunches.  I once went around and looked
in the garbage cans on the playground at a school in Sebastopol, Ca.  I
thought ought there would be enlightenment due to their new age ideas,
but the cans were full of squeezit bottles, etc.  At my kids' school I
once saw a kid sock an apple that probably cost his mom a buck to the
bottom of the can.  Sigh.  It's a constant war.  Mary J.