From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:42:35 -0400
Madeline Mason wrote:
<snip>
> Still, I'm wondering if it's possible to make some kind of mayo type
> dressing using coconut oil? The problem is, it seems to me, that coconut
oil
> is solid at room temperature. Anyone have any ideas?

I would imagine coconut oil mayo would be solid at room temp and would not
work. I use olive oil and it makes a fantastic, traditional mayo. My family
does not like it, preferring the tasteless Hellman's type mayo.

Meanwhile, I have found
> a lot of interesting information about coconut oil. I prefer not to think
> about how much more it costs than even good quality olive oil, but we're
> saving a fortune by not eating out much anymore, right?

www.rainbowmeadow.com sells it quite inexpensively.

And with all that Ray
> says in Neanderthin notwithstanding, I still have to SHARPLY curtail
calories
> to lose any weight.

I think that is the sad truth for many of us!

--Richard