From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 22:08:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/02 7:29:34 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Hey, why should we imagine paleo people were never fat?
>Don't forget the venus figures. In fact the ONLY human
>representations we have from that era are obese. Suggestive, anyway.

From what I can gather a lot can be surmised from bones -- and it appears
they were lean and muscular (tall too). Post agriculture evidence of
adiposity can be found-- seems that Egyptian mummies quite often had excess
flesh -- yet never see anyone fat in their art. Also there evidence from
latter day hunter -gatherers. The fat goddesses we have have from the stone
age probably represent the importance of fat for survival and successful
reproduction.

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>