From:
laura paris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:26:39 -0700
Yes, I'm very familiar with Wolcott's work. I use Metabolic Typing  in
my Nutrition Practice, and for those interested I do a paleo version of
it. This is what has really gotten me on track personally with my diet.
All of the different Metabolic Types can be done in a "paleo way." I
actually learned the system from two different people, one who types by
trial and error, the other uses objective lab tests (glucose tolerance
testing, blood pressure, pulse, etc...). Wolcott only uses a
questionairre, which I don't think is accurate enough. He calls the two
extreme types "Carbo" and "Protein". They're called by different names
with other practitioners. But for a paleo translation, the Protein type
are the ones who do well on a low carb diet, and specific meats (dark,
fatty, high in purine) are better for them, as well as specific
vegetables. The Carbo type still needs meat, but less of it, and of a
lean, light variety, with less fat, and LOTs more veggies & fruits, also
of certain types.
LP