From:
Bill Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 02:46:14 -0800
Hi, Ray.

It was a pleasure to see you and your beautiful hawk on 48 Hours.
Predictably, I guess, the report really didn't do justice to the ideas
behind the paleo diet, but you, your skinny, vigorous self <g>, are
living proof of its benefits.

I thought Ornish came off as a weenie. Who can rationally object to a
diet of meat/fish/fowl, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and berries? The most
one might say is that it's needlessly restrictive. But harmful? Absurd.

I have yet to see a compelling reason other than poverty to use beans,
grains, or potatoes as the foundation of a diet. Of course, 'taters kept
my Irish forebears alive for a long time, but the failure of potato
agriculture drove my Irish greatgrandparents to the USA. And so, here I
am.

Bill Dooley