From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:23:30 EST
Betty Ann wrote:
> non-paleo people who may not be able to
>  handle (psychologically) feeding raw food to their animals.
> I've had cats in the past with
>  excellent longevity.

Betty Ann, I am certainly not saying that I feed a perfect diet!!  I have
found that the majority of the problems with pet feeding have to do with the
animals, who have become "addicted" to processed food, and not the owners
(who are usually willing to try).  My own get a compromise diet, and like
you, all of mine have lived 19-21 years, even after eating mostly substandard
food.  The problem is that they also develop degenerative diseases like
kidney failure, diabetes, and cancers, that I am sure are related to eating
processed grains and cooked food for most of their lives.
This WOE is difficult to adopt for all domesticated beasts, including humans,
when our tastes and cultures are so patterned by non-paleo foods.  Best of
luck with your animals and your own health!
Holly