From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 23:53:14 -0700
On Wed, 24 May 2000 20:28:38 -0700, David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>>But the truth is that nobody knows how likely it is that the
>>lupus will go away entirely, and it is irresponsible to make
>>claims like that without some solid evidence.  Ray's syllogism
>>tried to convey the impression that it is proven that Neanderthin
>>cures lupus.  We don't have any such proof, or anything close to
>>it.  A person with lupus who attempts Neanderthin as a treatment
>>is conducting an *experiment* on himself/herself.  There's
>>nothing wrong with that, and I would do exactly the same thing
>>myself; it's a relatively safe experiment.  But it's still an
>>experiment, and anyone who cares about truth will call it that.
>
>        Truth exist whether or not someone attempts to "scientifically" prove it
>or not. If it improves health(which it does) then by default it will have a
>positive effect on Lupus or any other condition.

A positive effect is not the same as a cure.

For example, if someone who had Hepatitis B or C or AIDS went on Neanderthin or
low-carb, they would improve their health, which might affect their overall
immune response to some degree, but it might not be quantitatively enough to
prevent further deterioration.

--
Cheers,

Ken