From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 05:14:59 -0400
On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:40:06 -0500, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> It is my observation, that the same fact is the real health problem
>> of the average (not paleo) meat eater, compared to vegetarians.
>
>The ideas of John Harvey Kellogg (and other 7th Day Adventists)die hard.

I don't think that this has anything to do with Kellog.
I just know that i can't stand such "Kellogs Cornflakes" (ergh).
And I think his ideas, which seemingly don't take phytins into account
suffer from any long term experience (longterm = at least some dozends
of generations).

Sorry, it should read: .. the Paleo-SOLUTION of Food Energy.
Non paleo-oriented people suffer from denaturated
extracted food-energy, devoid of the essential micronutrients.
Normal (common, SAD) people are IMHO more prone to this effect, because
what they need badly is just pure energy.
I'm very serious about this, we are speaking about some 90% of the western
society (plus some 10% veggies or close to and some lucky ones inspired by
your ideas).
Neanderthal like nutrition with much meat AND fat AND natural plants
are safe from at least this main danger. IMHO. I'm not a doctor.

Vegetarians should have (or sometimes or often have) a bigger experience
with more natural food (than SAD people) because they require it badly.
Just to get protein. Such ones just leaving away meat (for the best
reasons) end in several bad shortenings. The extreme is called
pudding and pasta vegetarian.
Some survive longer, but still lacking something badly, therefore
enjoying a delicious taste of the first meat (after several years).
Life long veggies i think are only found in traditional environments
or societies - like indian food.

7th Day Adventists - I have one in my team  who is astonishing. Life long
vegetarian and though not very much in natural style, though avoiding fats
and eating pretzels he's an astonishing athlete.
Biked from Munich to Verona (Italy) in a weekend. Over the Alps.
Nothing to mention against 7DA.

cheers

Amadeus
(btw sectarian from what??)