From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:19:09 -0400
Ray Audette, "NeanderThin", 2000 paperback, page 196:
Q: According to your theory, shouldn't I eat all my food raw?
A: ...modern farming and food processing techniques preclude
this practice. Meats, poultry, eggs, and seafood are prone to
contamination by bacteria...and parasites...and should be
cooked...at least enough to sterilize them. When available,
irradiated foods will eliminate this risk and make steak
tartare and raw eggs much more possible.

I would say that irradiated food is NOT RAW and NOT PALEO, nor
is it healthy or safe to eat irradiated food (unless you don't
mind side effects such as cancer, chromosome damage, mutation,
and sterility). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is
continuing to legalize irradiation of one food after another,
while suppressing evidence of the toxicity and disease caused
by eating irradiated food.

http://www.citizen.org/cmep/foodsafety/food_irrad/

I hope that Ray Audette has abandoned this naive perspective.
Food irradiation is nothing but an EXCUSE to allow the toxic
"modern farming and food processing techniques" Ray speaks of
to continue. Corporations are consolidating control over our
food supply and they only care about the bottom line...

http://www.mercola.com/article/irradiated/irradiation_standard.htm

Bruce Kleisner