From:
Robin Temple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2010 20:16:32 EST
Have you heard about the chemical Bisphenol A? It is used in  most canned
goods worldwide. It migrates into the food and may be a cancer  causing
substance. Sorry to throw out a curve ball.

Robin

In a message dated 12/16/2010 7:12:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I eat  canned sardines (with skin and bones intact) either packed in water
or extra  virgin olive oil.  I've noticed they cause mild belching.  I've
read  that with respect to fish oil supplements, this reaction could mean
rancidity.  Any thoughts as to whether this could be the same with canned
sardines?  My husband thinks the bones are causing the issue because  calcium
can have this side-effect.  Thoughts?  It would be hard to  give up my beloved
sardines -- so tasty and  economical.