Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 09:14:10 -0400
Ken Stuart wrote:

<snip>

> belief (bî-lêf´) noun
> 1.      The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in
> another. *
>
> Faith is trust in someone you already know exists.

I was always told by my sunday school teachers that faith was the
ability to believe the unbelieveable ie. virgin birth or biblical
accounts that were written down after 300 years of oral tradition.

My Random House unabridged dictionary lists no fewer than nine
interpretations of the word faith. The second one is "Belief which is
not based on proof." Given that light, even an athiest has "faith".

In that vein, I have faith that a Paleo Diet will improve my cholesterol
count, prevent the development of diabetes, and help me loose some
excess pounds. All this has yet to be confirmed by either an autopsy or
other means but I will continue. I will not be swayed by any evidence of
low fat diets and heart disease or vicious vegans.

Helen