From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:28:14 -0600
On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 06:50:28 -0600, Geoffrey Purcell
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Ther have been a huge number of studies damning all meats. While some
> have been rather vague, the sheer number involved is rather conclusive.
Actually, it's amazingly easy to distort either the design of the study, or
the writeup of the study.  The Framingham study has shown the benefits of
eating
meat, but is often written up in direct contradiction to the actual
results.

Most studies have vested interests.  In particular, studies which are
designed
to show health problems associated with meat eating are very common.  Of
course, if
you design your study carefully, you can get it to prove whatever you
want.  It's
an ethical issue for many vegetarians and vegans.  They haven't had much
luck changing
people's ethical beliefs, so they're trying to do it with health issues,
and they're
very industrious.

You may also have noticed numerous articles recently stating how
cows cause global warming, etc., and meat takes 11,000 gallons of water
per pound to
produce, etc.  (I don't remember the exact number, but it was insane.)  Of
course, it's
the soybeans, corn, wheat, etc., that uses all that water.  And feeding
the cows that
poor excuse for bovine food causes flatulence, e coli, etc. etc.  And
produces heaps of manure, methane, etc.  A steer eating grass in the field
doesn't spend the entire day guzzling hundreds of gallons of water.
You've got to keep your wits about you when you
read this stuff.

	Lynnet