From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 18:19:18 GMT
On Tue, 4 May 1999 13:43:09 EDT, Caryl Wattman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 5/4/99 4:34:05 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>>It took me about a year to figure out the grain-fed beef was the food that
>>was damaging my skin and I just found out about the almonds last week.
>
>I am completely confused about beef by now.  Many people on the paleo and low
>carb lists I'm on say that grass-fed and grain-fed amount to the same thing
>in the animal.  Most people seem to feel that the antibiotics in regular beef
>that you buy at the grocery store or butcher shop might have an effect on
>some of us, especially those with candida.  Others say nonsense.
>
>More thoughts, opinions, experiences, and data, please?

This is NOT directed at any particular person.

But I want to mention that one particular person saying that they have
associated a certain food with a certain health problem of THEIRS means
absolutely nothing.

It is very difficult for one person to associate any change of one dietary item
with a health change, especially when the health change is not dramatic like
throwing up or breaking out in hundreds of hives.

For example, many times I have taken a particular Chinese herbal combination
when I think that a cold is coming on, and often the cold never really takes
hold.    However, I will never be able to say for sure that that would not have
happened anyway without the Chinese herbs !

A study of a group of one person is not a significant study.

--
Cheers,

Ken                         <*>