From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 00:32:39 -0700
>Jean-claude:

like
>>to say that food in themselves doesnt do anything  .Only the RELATIONSHIP
>>between a specific FOOD and a specific METABOLIC STATE  of an organism at
>>specific MOMENT  can" make "a food "laxative "or not.
>
>That's a good point about the body's response to foods having much to do
>with a person's overall diet/ metabolic state at the time of consumtion.
>Nevertheless, this doesn't negate the fact that some foods are simply
better
>laxatives than others, for whatever reason, chemical or otherwise.  No
>matter how instinctive you are, if you drink castor oil, you'll probably
>experience a laxative effect.

your response makes me think that i didn't get completely understood .
i am talking about relationship with whole undenatured foods . castor oil is
not to be found in Nature it is found  only in association whith other
nutrients in the castor plant seed ,  it is found in a living cell. When i
am talking about instinctive regulation of eating , i am talking about
communication between living organisms not mechanical or chemical reactions
. Ricinus communis seeds can communicate to me some informations with its
whole complex  association of cells, the extracted oil doesn't have that
much to say to me to the point that my intestine itself might not be able to
recognise it as suitable for assimilation and will reject it (laxative
effect). It is too bad that i don't have an experience with castor plant
seeds to give more weight to what am i saying but i have experience with
other medicinal plant considered as laxative ( like CAssia fistula) which
don't have this effect on me when eaten " By instinct" (listening to the the
sensory response to it ).
In my experience there is no full  and intelligible comunication ,once the
cells have been killed (by whatever means ) rendering a truely instinctive
regulation of eating inoperant and unfonctionnal .
My nose and taste buds have not been genetically  prepared to receive castor
oil (or flax seed oil)  they can only understand whole seed language. And
they can  be made  incapable at controlling what goes in (thru the art of
cooking) the intestine too can be fooled in his hability to decide what goes
in or not. (happily with the extracted castor oil , it doesn't allow that to
happen and reject it).

food in my opinion , is anything that is a living organised entity that my
genetic have been used to encounter (got inprinted by it) anything else is
not food,  just something needed to not be integrated. And the sooner i
reject it the better it is. ( more confortable to not ingest it than to
eliminate  thru vomiting or diarrhea or worse a bacterial or viral
infestation  and inflamation (once it reach our cells) I suppose the persons
who lately experienced with pizza know what i am talking about.!

Jean-claude