From:
Laura Northwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:20:40 EDT
Hi all,

Well, I'm still working the kinks out of the Paleo diet in terms of what
works best for me, finding that high fats/protein with veggies/greens for
breakfast and lunch, veggies/light protein for dinner, and fruit in between
is starting to "click."

I have been concerned about getting enough carbohydrates, calcium and
vitamin C. While I realize that a large variety of vegetables and fruit
(esp. leafy greens) will work to supply these, I'm curious as to what
cavepeople did in the winter. Certainly they wouldn't have eaten spinach!
How did they get calcium & vitamins during the long winter months? Or did
they generally not get sufficient amounts?

Laura