Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:16:42 -0400
Day, Wally wrote:

> Stupidity has nothing to do with it. It's all about what is available
> for survival. Paleolithic man did not "stupidly" decide to start
> cooking. Neolithic man did not "stupidly" start to raise grains. It
> just happened.

Nothing "just happens". IMHO.
The consequence of eating cooked is soon evident to me, with a damaged
immune system, Would it have been apparent to paleoman with a strong
immune system?

This brings up the question of why we began to eat neolithic food, maybe
the answer can be found at Gobekli Tepe.
"No traces of domesticated plants or animals have been found at Göbekli
Tepe or in the adjacent region. ..."
From:
www.environmentalgraffiti.com/offbeat-news/mystery-deliberate-burial-ancient-megalithic-stone-circles/9949

William