From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:38:27 -0800
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:30:31 -0500, Elizabeth Hawxhurst <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>2. At first I felt pleasantly full at all times, never stuffed to the gills
>and never ravenous.  However, for the past day or so I've been aware of an
>increasing hunger.

Usually increasing your fat intake helps this.   People nowadays have a tough
time eating enough fat, because they have been programmed by the media that fat
is bad for you.   (And, even though it is now acknowledged that this concept was
created by a U.S. Senate subcommittee in the 1970's with no scientific evidence,
it hasn't changed people's conditioning and media stories still describe
high-fat foods as bad.)

My own personal habit is to drizzle raw almonds with olive oil and roast them at
400-450 degrees for a few minutes (watching carefully, they burn easily!).   I
find that they are a fun snack, and have virtually no adverse effect on my
health (or weight).

Sometimes people end up hungry because after removing grains and legumes, their
carbohydrate consumption is just above ketosis level, so their carb level is too
high for effective glucose production from protein, and thus their body tends to
always be a little short of glucose.   In those cases, adding a little fruit to
the diet can reduce the amount of hunger.

Also, simply not eating enough protein (which in the case of Paleo, usually
means not enough food) can cause hunger.

>3.  I have a slight autonomic disorder

Not everything is due to diet, some problems are simply due to genetics and/or
injury.

--
Cheers,

Ken