From:
Tracy Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:28:50 -0400
What Brad said. Thank you, Brad.

Starvation/malnutrition also leaves telltale marks on the bones as well.

RE: caloric restriction -- restricting calories also happens to lower
insulin levels, which brings about all sorts of wonderful health
benefits. :) I imagine HG's would have had low insulin levels to begin
with, since their diets were low in glucose (carbs), in relation to us folk.

http://andersonclan.us/andersonclan_top/ages.html
"Glycation occurs when a reducing sugar molecule bonds to a protein or
lipid (fatty acid) molecule without the controlling action of an enzyme
which would normally control where the sugar bonds and its orientation.
This puts the sugar molecule in the “wrong place,” on the protein or
lipid molecule, thus forming a mis-shaped molecule our bodies cannot
metabolize or dispose of easily."

AGE's require glucose and oxidization. Many studies implicating
cooking/fried foods included high amounts of PUFA's and/or other
'modern' foods including foods that break down to glucose.