Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:33:17 -0500
Hello PaleoFoodList,

I've enjoyed reading many of your contributions over the past year.  Thanks!

I've read "scientifically" that our brains require approximately 130 grams
of (converted) carbs to function normally.  I've also read the average
person consumes between 200-325 carbs per day.  I assume if we consume on
average less than 130 carbs, then our liver will provide the conversion of
body fat for what's missing in the diet.

I've seriously began to track my daily carb count intake subtracting fiber
from the total carbs to get the "pure carb intake" reading.  I'm averaging
about 130 to 150 grams of carbs per day doing this initial self-tracking.

I'm sure many long-term low carb people (and newcomers) on this list have
tracked their carb intakes too, so I'm hoping many of you will share what
your daily "target" carb limit is.

Would everyone please share what carb limit you try to consume each day?
Please also share (if known) what threshold amount of carbs per day cause
you to increase your weight.

Thanks for sharing!

PaleoBest, deVries