Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 22:31:13 GMT
PAUL TOWNLEY-SMITH <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>What is the paleo opinion of the vaccinations that our children are required
>to get?  They are now getting ready to vote the chicken pox vaccine into
>mandatory status.

Contrary to what "health authorities" would have you believe,
exemptions are available for vaccines (in the US, anyway, most
states have this provision).  The law usually provides, however,
that non-immunized kids can be kicked out of public schools
& facilities fur the duration of any outbreaks.

Much has been discussed along these lines in misc.kids.health;
DejaNews would provide you with much information.

BTW Merck's Varivax vaccine is poorly tested, based on
immature recombinant technology (as is the Hep B vaccine).

Also PALEOFOOD may not be the best forum, tho certainly
pre-Neolithics got no shots!