From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:54:27 -0500
Boel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>"Recently I started to make bone broths." Thats another intresting thing.
>I've thought about it but I don't really know how to do it. Could you
>please tell me?

Simmer bones (with some lemon juice) in a stockpot, 4-24 hours. Boil it
down if there's too much liquid. Strain. Drink it plain and simple or use
it to make soups. Pour the broth into small containers and freeze for later
use if you like.

>You wrote "I drink it (ie blood) as it is or make my own blood pudding."
>That sounds interesting. Could you please tell me how you do it - the
>blood pudding I mean. I miss it a lot but I'm suspicious to what the blood
>pudding in the stores contain. But I wouldn't drink the blood. I admire
>you who can because I think it's good for you.

About two years ago I stopped eating refined foods and chemicals. I also
started to blend my foods as little as possible. Blood pudding which I had
loved was no longer an option. I drank blood. When I learned to make bone
broths recently I remembered a good old blood pudding recipe. I loosened up
a little and here's what I did:

Ingredients:

* 0.5 l blood
* 3.5 dl broth
* 3/4 dl lard (homemade)
* 1/2 dl maple syrup (I'll try raisins next time.)
* 1/4 teaspoon clove
* 1 teaspoon marjoram
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 3.5 dl course ground rye flour (I'll try almonds next time.)

Blend. Fry the dough in lard, or pour into a baking dish and heat in oven 1-
1.5 hours in a bit less than 100 C. Mmm!!!

Fredrik