From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:46:59 MDT
>i know few tribes like that who still apreciate the direct contact with
>their needs ( mennonites, doukhabor , or more recently created
>communauties....)

Love it!  The Mennonite tribe!  As a Mennonite myself, it makes me chuckle.
There are, indeed, many wonderful things about the conservative Mennonite
"tribe".  Unfortunately, what they eat ain't one of 'em.  Homemade bread,
shoofly pie, cookies, etc. all taste good, but they don't DO good.  For me,
at least.

Dori Zook*
Denver, CO
*a common Amish name, but I'm a flaming liberal Mennonite