From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:52:05 +1100
The problem with ER4YT (eat right for your type) is that it only focuses on
Haemagglutins specific to blood groups. There are plenty of other lectins
and thy have a number of nasty functions. So, ER4YT is an
over-simplification. Further, whilst Paleos would agree with the type O diet
as D'Adamo conjects that this was the blood group of ancient man- he
therefore recommends a high meat Paleo-ish diet, I don't think we'd agree
with his type A type B type AB diets. Some of the lectins that don't
agglutinate human blood still hurt human cells, some of these will actually
agglutinate animal blood- ie just because they don't agglutinate in the lab
doesn't mean they're harmless.

He wrongly decided type A blood appeared with agriculture and type B later
on. He recommends lots of soya for type A's. Soy is really rich in lectins.

So, on one hand his theory is based on lectins being bad for you, which I
agree with. Then he only worries about those lectins that the oldest
grossest technique picks up (haemagglutination- ie the ability of the food
to make blood clot). Totally ignores all the other bad effects of lectins.
Then tells some people to eat foods rich in lectins.

It's just too full of blowing hot and cold.

If ER4YT works well for an A or B or AB then I guess they've probably fixed
up some other problem like an undiagnosed food allergy.

Ben